Brows are an important part of every makeup. They play a role in framing the eye and help to create balance within the face. Mastering brows can take some practice, but with the right tools they can be easily and quickly shaped. Here are some makeup tips and tricks for how to clean up the brow area as well as how to enhance and define the brow.
For all your eye brow essentials visit us at MUSEBEAUTY.PRO.
TOOLS AND MAKEUP PRODUCTS
The first thing to do before working on brows is to make sure you have all the tools you need. We’ll be using the following items in this article to demonstrate how to shape, define and enhance. From left to right pictured below we have the VISEART PALETTE: 01 Neutral Matte, the esum B15 Angled Brow Brush, the esum P17 Brow Groom Brush, the KEVYN AUCOIN Precision Brow Pencil, Cuterz sissors, and a Flamingo Razor.
Why these tools?
* The VISEART PALETTE: 01 Neutral Matte, not only for eyeshadow, has a very diverse range of powder pigments. These hues can be used to color match and also add a highlight to the brow hair. It contains a warm, neutral & cool taupe, golden brown, sienna, cool brown, and even a gray tone that can be used alone or in combination for every possible hair color.
* We love the KEVYN AUCOIN Precision Brow Pencils for their wide range in shades, their hard wax texture and waterproof formula. The fine tip of the pencil allows you to pencil in brows with the utmost precision from individual strands of hair to a defined shape.
* The esum B15 Angle Brow Brush and the P17 Brow Groom Brush are made of stiff textured natural hair that applies pigment evenly and works easily through dense brow hair. Both brushes work well for fine to thick brows and are particularly precise in application.
* Cuterz are a small pair of sharp scissors making it easier to delicately trim hairs with detail. These are also perfect for trimming false lashes.
* Flamingo Razors are a great way to clean up the brow area quickly and on the go. Waxing and tweezing is not recommended or practical immediately prior an event, like a wedding or a photo shoot, as the skin can become irritated and swollen. Always use the Flamingo Razor to gently shave against the direction of hair growth in short small strokes. Flamingo Razors can also be used to remove unwanted facial hair. Flamingo Razors should always be used with care and never shared between clients.
How do I choose the right shade of brow pencil?
When choosing a brow pencil it’s important to not only look at the color of the brow hairs but also the hair color. Follow the below guide of different hair colors to appropriately match to different shades of brow pencils.
The KEVYN AUCOIN Precision Brow Pencil in Ash Blonde is best suited for blondes with cool undertones or very fair blondes. Here is an example of blonde hair with cool undertones that is also very fair.
The KEVYN AUCOIN Precision Brow Pencil in Warm Blonde is best suited for strawberry blondes or blondes with red undertones to their hair. This pencil will help to enhance brows that may be faint to better frame the eye.
The KEVYN AUCOIN Precision Brow Pencil in Brunette is suited for a wide range of hair colors including darker blondes to brunettes. The hair may have neutral to cool undertones.
The KEVYN AUCOIN Precision Brow Pencil in Dark Brunette is ideal for very deep brunettes to black hair with cool undertones. When there is an absence of warmth in the hair a cool undertone pencil should also be used for the brows.